Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bouctouche!

At the end of June, Photo Fredericton went on a weekend trip to Bouctouche, which is about 30 min. north of Moncton.

We went to a variety of locations to take photos, and while I thought the area was better suited to a week long family camping trip than to an abundance of photographic opportunities, I enjoyed the time out of the city to talk photography and focus on picture taking.

We went to a variety of location and I will share some photos from each. I usually used my Digital Camera - the Canon 20D, but also shot a roll of medium format film on my Zeiss Ikon folding camera, using Ilford FP4+ developed and scanned at home. These were taken at the Irving Park - The Dunes.



We stayed in a wonderful place called Auberge Le Vieux Presbytère de Bouctouche. It was located across from an old Convent, now museum, and next to a cemetery. I guess it was the Priest's residence originally, but the church had burned down some time ago. Here are a couple of photos from the environs...





Our first sight was the lighthouse at Cap Lumiere, while not a real light house, it did offer a number of photographic opportunities.




More to come....


-André

No comments: