Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hooray! It’s on its way!

Can you say ‘pancake’? I took the (small) plunge an ordered a Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens – I should have it tomorrow!

Canon_40MM_f28_Lens

The reviews are great – and it is relatively cheap ($229 CAD), I think it may replace my 50mm f/1.8. I have been looking for something a little more close to standard (about 31mm on an APS-C sensor) but either didn’t want to shell out the money, or questioned the quality and usefulness.

According the reviews, this gives me quality for a great price. Also it is a full frame lens, and is very small (1” thick) and closer to standard view for my camera (still a little long at ~ 64mm).

I think it will make a great addition to my Canon 40D (without the grip), it will be small(er) and light(er). Not really point and shoot, but smaller than the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS + a gripped body….  

Winking smile

No comments: