Friday, August 29, 2008

Henna is her Passion

My wonderful wife Larissa is an accomplished Henna Artist. I get many requests to photograph her work for her portfolio. I think our skills compliment each other....



Details: Canon EOS 20D, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens at 40mm, and f/8. 1/200th sec., and ISO 400. 580ex flash bounced on a steep angle off the wall to the right. In the b/w conversion I heavily weighted the red channel (2/3) to give it the high contrast look, I also added some sharpening for the stark crisp look. The background was a dark blue, which during b/w conversion went darker due to the use of the red channel.

1 comment:

Larissa Reinders said...

I think your photography simply captures the best of what I can create. I always marvel at how much more wonderful your photos of the work seem to be, compared to seeing them moving all the time when worn on the hand. I'll keep hennaing, if you keep photographing them! I am a very lucky artist indeed to be married to such a phenomenal man.