Thursday, September 25, 2008

M42 to EOS

What does M42 to EOS mean? Well they are both lens mounts - the M42 is an older screwmount and EOS (or more appropriately Canon EF) is the new Canon autofocus lens mount. I just got an adaptor so I can use the M42 Screwmount type lenses on my Canon EOS camera bodies (Elan 7N, 20D, and XT).

Why? Why not? I (somewhat) recently got an inexpensive screwmount camera and lens. The lens is a Russion Zenit Helios-44-2 58mm f/2. I got some nice photos on the film camera - and thought it would be fun to mount the Helios on my 20D.

Well I took the combo out with me to the park with the kids - I got a few photos of leaves as they are beginning to turn.






So far I like this combination. The photos were in the f/2-f/4 range - and ISO 400. The only post processing I did was to correct the colour balance, and exposure. There was also a minimal amount of sharpening.

No comments: