Monday, April 25, 2011

The last shipment is in! Light Tent and Battery Pack!

First item is the light tent - got it for e-bay product listings, and more specifically to help my sister shoot some of her homemade jewlery. For $30 it is not bad - the only thing I noticed so far is that the 'backdrops' are nylon and therefore shiny and creased. I may try some bristol board (paper) cut to fit and make a sweep. Here is a shot of the setup with 3 flashes: sides are Nikon SB-24's @ about 1/16th, and the top is a Canon 580ex at about 1/16th as well. The camera was shooting at ISO 200 and about f/8.



I will have to play with flash position, but it does provide nice even light! The next shot is of a stuffed animal, and even after some tweaking and adding contrast, you can still see the backdrop creases. It has 2 loop inside at the top mid-way back, so I can loop some thread and hang earrings, etc.




The other item is a PIXEL TD-381 battery pack for my Canon 580ex series flash. I got it as I am shooting a wedding at the end of the summer, and it was a good excuse. Initial tests seem fine, but the suggested mount to the bottom of the camera is just a waste of time - you cannot porperly hold you camera when it is installed. I will have to see how I will carry it when I am shooting.

No comments: