Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Another upgrade...


I usually save my money up before spending it on something.  This time I had only accounted for about half before I made the purchase. I have a number of shoots lined up and would prefer to use the new lens instead of the old lens. So I just went for it!

I am upgrading my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens to a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. The new lens is quite a bit bigger. One nice detail is that it shares the 77mm filter size with 2 other lenses that I own.

I thought about it for quite a while, and decided that I do enough low light shooting  that the image stabilization would be an asset. Other features I like are the extra reach and the improved sharpness.

Tonight I will be shooting a theater production, and will put the lens through its paces. I can't wait!


No comments: