Monday, August 9, 2010

In the Paper!

I have been shooting dress rehearsals for Theater New Brunswick for over a year now, and I had one of my photos in the Telegraph Journal!

TNB Bricklin Show

Theater New Brunswick is running this awesome commissioned work for 24 shows (I believe).

This time, I was only able to shoot during a preview performance (like a dress rehearsal with audience), and was limited to where I could shoot from. (normally I move where I want to in the seating area during a dress rehearsal)  I stood behind the audience for the first half, and to the left of the audience for the second half.

This photo was taken with my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 @ 50mm and f/4 @ 1/250th sec. ISO 2000 on my 50D – and run through Neat Image to reduce noise.

I was shooting with the Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 on my 50D and the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 L IS on my 20D. Halfway through (when I moved closer to the front) and switched the 70-200mm for the Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5. My ISO was 1600+ on both cameras, and I generally kept the aperture between 2.8 and 5.6, and the shutter speed at 1/focal length or higher.

I like candids, and the actors invariably have great expressions to capture – but I am there to get a good record of the show, stage, lighting, etc for documentary purposes (and maybe a little advertising). I have to push myself to go for the wider shots more and more.

What fun!

No comments: