Monday, August 9, 2010

Jones Mill Falls

I love my little New Brunswick Waterfall book! Thank you Nicholas Guitard!

My Plug: Waterfalls of New Brunswick: A Guide – get it at Westminster Books!

Anyway – I looked up a new spot that seemed easy to get to, and called up a friend and said “Let’s go!”.

What a little adventure we had! First, we left a little late, and grabbed some Tim Horton’s breakfast one the way. After driving for about 45 min., we thought we were probably getting close, and we pulled off for a water, and a snack to take with us, my friend also picked up some sunglasses as he lost his last pair. The falls were a little farther than we thought, and after a few circles we realized that the road indicated in the guide was incorrect and we needed to start to try a few to find the right one…It was about this time that my friend decided the jerky he recently ate was not agreeing with him, and we needed to pull over soon so he could leave it in the bushes. Back in the car, and off to find the falls, 2 min later my friend declared he left his sunglasses with the jerky. We decided to get them on the way back, and found the path to the falls minutes later. On the way down the path we saw 2-3 piles of scat, which I was told was from a bear – great. We spend about an hour shooting the falls, picked up the sunglasses on the way home, got back about an hour after we planned, and had a great morning in the end.

Vomit, Driving, Sunglasses, and Bear Poop. What an adventure!

Oh yeah, the falls…..

sm_edited_IMG_4926

No comments: