Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I am not a wedding photographer.

I keep telling myself that! I did decide a few years ago to try and make a little money to help pay for my photographic hobby. I haven’t done all that bad either. I usually undervalue myself but I don’t think that is abnormal.

Recently I have found I am doing more work and less hobby – the ebb and flow I guess.

Back to weddings. I have shot a couple, first for a cousin – at my cost, and at his request. Then for a friend, again at my cost, and at their request. I like the emotion and the special day, but I don’t particularly like the long hours and the stress involved.

I shot a wedding recently for a coworker, I only agreed because she indicated that she wanted mainly candids and would take the RAW files – I didn’t have to do any editing! My kind of wedding! Things changed a bit from the original plan – and I was nervous the day of, but I was happy with the results.

Nicole_IMG_5397_web

Details: Nice brick wall in the shade, beautiful couple, ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/250 sec., fill flash from 580ex (probably –1.3 FEC), Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS, 153mm focal length, shooting distance 7.9 meters, Aperture priority.

No comments: